10 November 2011

Ten: Use Your Words

Just for the amusement value, I installed no fewer than three cruising applications on my phone: Grindr, Scruff and Growlr. Entertainment value for days, especially when one is just looking and not dependent on them to fill a void in one's life. (No comments from the peanut gallery on my unfilled void.)

What is mockable about how people use these things is the incredibly broad vocabulary that comes with the terrain. Oh yes, there are those who are witty and clever in their profiles and many who are hot or adorable in their photos. But get to the messaging and there is a distinct lack of originality. Woof? Really?!! How about something that says "I speak the language (choose one or more) and I have something to say to attract your attention"?

Perhaps my sights are set too high or my experience too low. In the end, it's probably a good thing I'm not really looking, because I have always spoken pig more fluently than dog.