Even the unicorn looks disappointed
For her part, Miranda reconsidered her meanness and had a few of her own tears as she choked out a few platitudes about how wrong she had been to say certain things. Oddly — or maybe predictably — she never uttered the word “sorry”. Probably because she wasn’t, really. In any case, at the runway show when Timothy leaned over and said to her “Did we just win?” you knew those were the hopeful thoughts of someone about to have a big letdown. When it was clear they were among the bottom two teams, Timothy unleashed his pent-up anger at Miranda for the judges to see, while she just shook her head and refused to fire back. But her head-shaking was noted.
I have to say, though, that Zac Posen is really picking up the slack from Michael Kors in the nasty thematic comment department. He features prominently in my favourite quotes of the week:
- ZP on the look of Alexander & Justin (“Red Hair” and the deaf guy): “It has kelp on the bottom, dorsal fins on the hips and seaweed on the bum.”
- ZP again on the same outfit being deconstructed: “Can you take away her erasers?”
- ZP trying to be cool to the model wearing the monster outfit: “You’ve got to do your rave dance.”
- ZP on Timothy and Miranda’s outfit: “It looks like she sat on a pool toy and it deflated. There’s even a plug on her arm to make that happen.”
- Sandro, demonstrating how evolved he his as a person (paraphrased): “When a woman listens to a man, it’s so cool.”
You go ahead, Timothy. At least we won’t have to hear about that any more.